Mental Health Practitioner - Access and Assessment
- Posted 15 March 2023
- Salary £26 - 27 per hour
- DisciplineCommunity Mental Health Nurses
- Contact NameCameron McCoy
Hunter Mental Health is currently working alongside a desirable mental health access and assessment adults team through an NHS Trust who proudly boast being one of the most diverse providers of healthcare both within physical and mental health healthcare. They cover a number of London boroughs as well as nationally providing forensic and specialised services.
We are looking for an experienced mental health nurse to join this service on a 37.5-hour locum contract which is an initial 3-month contract with a strong intent to extend further. The pay range we are offering is £26 – £27ph.
The service is located in and around the North East London area and you will be expected to work in an adult service so experience in this setting and ability to work within the service working hours of Monday to Friday from 9am till 5pm is needed. Within the service there is a support team of CPN’s, OT’s and Psychiatrists, along with the supervision of the Team Lead
Key details of the role:
- CPN, Community Psychiatric Nurse
- Band 6
- Start date – 2/3 weeks
- Duration – 3 month ongoing contract
- Full Time position
- Access and Assessment Service
- £26ph – £27ph
- Triaging referrals from other teams, carry out Initial assessments at A&Es , community and Base (SFC), Risk management, care planning, Ward reviews for early discharge. Carry out Assessment in 136 suite , Police station, Support with telephone answering. Pick up MHD calls after hours. Supporting other teams
- Needed: Band 6 experience , Knowledge of crisis work, Liaison work , HTT work , Good interpersonal and computer Skills is essential
Not available for this position? Recommend a friend or colleague! We operate a simple and transparent scheme – we pay you £250 for a successful placement (qualifying period applies)
Why work with Hunter?
- Join the community: be part of a network of like-minded, conscientious locums with shared values for patients and clients.
- Represented by AHP sector experts, we listen, understand your needs and represent you professionally.
- Quick & simple online registration
- A long-term relationship based on trust and understanding.
- Access to the very best requirements nationwide.
- As part of the Hunter AHP network you will be appropriately marketed, in a consultative manner, taking the burden of business development away from you.
- Weekly payments you can trust, Hunter AHP is part of the Hunter/Gatherer Group of Companies.
- Market knowledge, advice and knowledge sharing on market trends and opportunities.
- Access to exclusive Hunter AHP events and discounted CPD.
- Customer service, it’s a simple philosophy but one we are passionate about