- Posted 18 October 2023
- Salary £20 - 27 per hour
- Discipline Community Nurses
- ReferenceIMM Luton
- Contact NameThomas Musgrove
Immunisation Registered Nurse (Band 5)
Hunter Community Nursing are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Band 5 Community Nurse to assist schools across Bedford, Milton Keynes and Luton with immunisations.
Type: Full time (37.5 hours)
Pay: £21 per hour - weekdays, Saturdays - £27
- Registered band 5 nurse
- Experience working in the community (and within schools) is preferable
- NMC pin
- Right to work in the Uk
- DBS on update service
- Ensure that vaccines are stored and transported in accordance with National and Organisational Policies such as the Safe and Secure Storage and transportation of medicines in the Community.
- Support the delivery of practical competency assessments of newly appointed and more junior staff undertaking immunisation training.
- Undertake opportunistic and domiciliary immunisations, following up non immunised children and provide information, advice and maintain electronic records as required.
- May be required to weekends/evenings to cover community based and domiciliary services as well as response to disease outbreaks and there will be a need to be flexible with working hours.
- Provide pre-school immunisation programmes as required to immunise children who have missing immunisations as identified in the service specification.
- Actively participate in health promotion programmes to school age children to improve the health and wellbeing of school age children and the uptake of immunisations.
- Identify children who are at risk of harm or significant harm and adhere to Organisational safeguarding children and adult’s policies and procedures and Southend, Essex, and Thurrock Set Procedures.
Working for Hunter Community Nursing you will benefit from:
- A high volume of regular, flexible shifts to suit your availability.
- An experienced consultant dedicated to assist you with your search for the perfect job!
- Assistance and re validation guidance
- Weekly payroll
- Access to training and CPD and study days
- Recommend a Friend bonus scheme (£250)
If interested please send me your updated CV or call on 0203 655 5998